This is probably a top-of-the-list favorite cookie for grown-ups as much as it is for kids! I believe that every mother – or rather everyone, whether a mom or dad or bachelor, whether young or old – should have a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies. They’re so good with a glass of cold milk, or a cup of coffee or tea. It’s also one of those things that makes your house smell like home. Well, as a mom of two and a big fan of chocolate chip cookies here is my ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe! I can share it with you here, after having tried numerous other versions of these cookies throughout the years. But please note that these are not the chewy, flat type of cookies, which usually contain more fat and sugar. They are quite easy to make and so much better than the store-bought ones! I’m almost certain that you will never want to buy chocolate chip cookies once you’ve tried this recipe. So come on and let’s get started…
(yields ca. 20 or 30 cookies depending on the size of scoop used)
- 150 gr butter, at room temperature
- 100 gr caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium or large
- 330-350 gr of all purpose flour
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 150-200 gr chocolate chips or chunks
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Preheat oven to 180 C (lower for fan-forced oven)
- In a large bowl beat softened butter and sugar until color turns pale.
- Add vanilla and mix. Then add eggs, one at a time, incorporating into the butter with each addition.
- In a separate bowl measure and sift all dry ingredients and add in two to three parts into the egg mixture, making sure to mix well with each addition. You may choose to go slow on the last third part of flour, just to make sure your dough doesn’t turn out too dry.
- Once the dough starts holding together add chocolate chips. Stop using mixer and use your hands instead to make a ball of dough. You shouldn’t handle or play with this dough too much. Just check that it is neither too dry nor too sticky.
Line two baking trays with parchment paper and shape your cookies using an ice cream scoop. If you don’t have an ice cream scoop you can just measure dough with a tablespoon, taking ca 2 tbsp each time and roll dough into little balls using your hands.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned on top and hard to the touch.
- Once out of the oven transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- You can store them in an airtight box for up to 4-5 days, if they last that long!