Here comes a long lost recipe for one of my all time favorite cookies. A perfect harmony of hazelnut and chocolate! The beautiful frangrance that comes from the toasted hazelnuts just melts in your mouth accompanied by chocolate. Whether child or grown-up, this is a cookie that will make anyone and everyone happy. This one’s an absolute winner and it’s definitely a must-try! Trust me!
Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork!
- 1 cup (150 gr) husked hazelnuts
- 1 cup (150 gr) all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt (I use sea salt or Himalaya)
- 8 tbsp (1 stick or ca. 115 gr) butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80 gr) sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 115 gr good quality semisweet chocolate (to dip)
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
Place hazelnuts on baking sheet. Bake until they become a shade darker and give out their fragrance. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes, but keep an eye on your hazelnuts so that they don’t burn! Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 160 C.
Place hazelnuts in blender or food processor and pulse to coarse bits. Set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt to blend.
- Beat butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in egg. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Add the chopped hazelnuts and mix well until distributed evenly throughout.
- Form into finger sized logs, using about1,5 to 2 tbsp dough for each and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake until firm, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on racks.
Melt chocolate in a saucepan over lowest heat or in a double boiler. Dip 1 end of cooled cookies into melted chocolate. Place back on cookie sheet to harden.