- 110 gr butter
- 150 gr bittersweet chocolate
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 60 gr sugar + pinch salt
- 3 tsp (or 1 tbsp) flour (sifted)
- Extra butter and flour for the cups
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Grease and flour 5 ramequins or custard cups (4 ounce or 110-120 ml each).
- Heat oven to 230 C (450 F).
- Finely chop chocolate.
- Place butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave about 50 seconds on high. The butter should melt completely. Add chocolate and blend well until all the chocolate melts with the heat of the butter and you obtain a creamy consistency. If there are pieces of chocolate that won’t melt just microwave for 10 seconds, or in short intervals as needed. If you’re going to melt the butter on the stove, use a low flame and keep an eye on the butter to make sure it doesn’t turn brown or burn.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, sugar and pinch of salt. Use a hand whisk for this.
- Now slowly pour the chocolate mixture, which should be warm, into the egg mixture. Then quickly blend in the sifted flour until combined.
- Divide the batter into the cups. Place the cups on a baking tray and bake for about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile get your serving plates ready. When the cakes are done, take tray out of oven and let stand 10-20 seconds. Then carefully invert cups onto the plates. Try lifting up one corner of the cup. The cake should fall out. But if not, then gently pass a round tipped knife or small size offset spatula through the edge of the cup to help unmold the cake.
- Serve with a light dusting of confectioner’s sugar and a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on the side.