Imagine eating your favorite ‘soft-in-the-center’ chocolate chip cookie at the same time with a fudgy and insanely delicious brownie!!! Well, that may not be something you would normally do, right? But now you can! Because it will seem like the most natural thing to do once you’ve baked this COOKIE DOUGH BROWNIE. Even cutting out slices will become an enticing experience with this brownie…You will hear the delicate sound of that crispy flaky crust as you gently push your knife into it… Then will come the gooey, fudgy center with those little bumps you will feel when your blade hits into the cookie dough morcels…And in the meantime the exhilirating aromas of chocolate AND chocolate chip cookie will blend into a dazzling perfume which will leave you lovestruck on the spot… By then, all you’ll be able to think of will be the first bite and the sensation it will create… Oh well, enough said now! Discover it for yourself if you still haven’t tried this kinda brownie! It’s a must try, trust me. Just the kind of brownie to totally let go of everything and give in to!
For cookie dough*
- 1 cup all purpose flour (150 gr)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine table salt
- ½ cup packed soft brown sugar (110 gr)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (55 gr)
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (or 1 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (80 gr)
Sift together the first three ingredients and set aside. Place both sugars, butter and vanilla in a separate bowl and beat with electric mixer for a couple of minutes. Add yoghurt and continue beating until creamy. Now add the flour in three parts, incorporating with a spatula after each addition. Mix in the chocolate chips. Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
For the Brownie
- 160 gr good quality bitter chocolate
- 125 gr butter (1 stick or ½ cup + 2 tsp)
- 1 cup (225 gr) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- ½ tsp instant coffee powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp (20 gr) bitter cocoa
- 1 cup (150 gr) all purpose flour
Microwave chocolate cut into small pieces with butter on high (100% power) for 2 minutes with a break of 30 seconds in between. (Use a double boiler to melt chocolate and butter on stove-top if you are not accustomed to using the microwave for this purpose).
Place eggs and sugar plus a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 3-4 minutes until color turns pale and you obtain a ribbon stage. Now add chocolate, which should be lukewarm by now, into the egg mixture and mix until incorporated.
In separate bowl, sift flour and cocoa powder together. Add flour into egg mixture in three parts, incorporating well after each addition. You will obtain a heavy dough with thick consistency, which is totally normal.
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Heat oven to 175 C (350 F). Grease and line with baking paper a 9 x 13 inch pan, and grease the baking paper again.
- Pour approximately half of the brownie batter into the pan and spread out in an even layer. Place dollops of the cookie dough scattering them across the surface. Save about one third of cookie dough for top layer.
- Pour and spread remaining brownie batter on top and finally using up the remaining cookie dough place a few more dollops of it on top. Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips or chunks if you wish.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.