This is one of the best lemon cakes I have ever had! The recipe comes from a young chef, namely Yasemin, who happens to be a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, London. She was kind enough to share her recipe with me and gave consent to share it with you all on my blog. If you like lemon cake, you will love this little one with its silky velvety texture and tangy lemony drizzle.
Yasemin doesn’t have a blog but maybe she will start writing one some day 😉 so if you would like to check out her Instagram account, go to @jas_kitchen
- 115 gr butter at room temperature
- 175 gr caster sugar
- 100 gr (2 medium size) eggs, at room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 175 gr all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 85 ml milk
- 90 gr confectioner’s sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
Step by step method
(I used a small sized loaf tin of 25 x 9 cm with depth of 7 cm for this recipe)
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Heat oven to 170-180 C.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add lemon zest.
- Add eggs one at a time, combining well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder a few times. Add in 2-3 parts folding into butter mixture with a spatula after each addition.
- Finally add milk and blend well into batter.
- Grease and dust with flour a small sized loaf tin. Pour in batter. Dip knife into melted butter (or grease generously with vegetable oil) and run a straight line through batter.
- Bake on 2nd rack from bottom in preheated oven for ca. 35 minutes.
- To prepare glaze, sift confectioner’s sugar into a bowl and add freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons (should be about 80-100 ml)
- Wait for a few minutes once cake is out of the oven. Then use a brush to baste cake generously with glaze. You can spare a little amount of the glaze to drizzle over the slices when serving.