This recipe yields approx. 6 servings. You can always double the recipe and use a larger dish.
- 100 gr butter, at room temperature
- 1 dl sliced blanched almonds
- 1 dl granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 5-6 golden apples
- 1 tbsp flour
- Lemon juice
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Grease an ovenproof dish with a little knob of butter and sprinkle with a little bit of brown sugar or caster sugar.
- Peel and core apples and cut into very thin slices. Drizzle and rub apple slices with a little bit of lemon juice and place them in an ovenproof dish.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg yolks, flour and almonds and mix well.
- In separate bowl beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until you obtain stiff peaks. Then gently add egg whites to the other mixture and fold.
- Spread batter onto the apples and place in the oven on second rack from bottom. Bake approximately 30-40 minutes or until surface turns to a light golden color. If the surface color starts turning brown before baking time is up, cover with aluminum foil.
- Serve warm with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.