- 150 gr roasted chickpea flour
- 100 gr rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp bitter cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp extract)
- Pinch of salt
- 50 gr walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 200 gr yoghurt (can be low-fat)
- 80 ml hazelnut oil
- 125 ml milk (can be low-fat)
- 100 ml date nectar (or honey, agave syrup or other natural sweetener of your choice)
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Heat oven to 170 C. Lightly grease and line a of 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) square baking pan with baking paper.
- Place all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine using a whisk.
- In a separate bowl sift all dry ingredients except the walnuts.
- Now add dry ingredients to wet in 2-3 parts, mixing well with a whisk to combine. Finally add the walnuts.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After the cake has thoroughly cooled you can make a simple cocoa glaze by combining 25 gr bitter cocoa with 2-3 tbsp honey and a little bit of hot water and mix well until no lumps remain. You can add 1 tsp of hazelnut oil to make the glaze shinier then just drizzle it over the cake.