(For 2-3 servings as a main dish)
- 400 gr (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100 ml (a little less than ½ cup) dry white wine or water
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper (or 1 small)
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium black carrot
- 1 medium potato, boiled or steamed in advance (optional)
- Olive oil, salt, black pepper, dried dill, marjoram
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on top, chopped parsley and thinly sliced chili peppers to decorate
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
Peel and chop onion. Clean and wash carrots and cut them in slices. Place a large pot over medium heat, add about 3 tablespoons olive oil and let it heat up. Add chopped onions, ¼ tsp salt and a couple of pinches of sugar. Toss onions for a couple of minutes then add the carrots and the finely chopped garlic. Toss over medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Now add white wine or plain water and wait until nearly all liquid evaporates. Then add almost half a cup of water, bring to a boil then turn heat to low, close lid and leave to gently simmer until carrots become a little tender (about 6-7 minutes, maybe less).
Meanwhile carefully clean and wipe dry your muhsrooms. Cut them into about 2,5 cm (1 inch) sized cubes. Cut yellow and green peppers into smaller size cubes. Finely chop red chili pepper. Don’t forget to scrape out the seeds if you don’t want too much heat in your dish! And it’s also a good idea to taste just a little bit of the pepper in order to adjust the amount you wish to use.
Once most of the liquid has evaporated and carrots have become relatively tender add mushrooms and peppers, increase heat to medium-high and toss for a few minutes. Add salt and blackpepper to taste. Then add some dried dill and marjoram. If you choose to use fresh dill add at the end of the cooking process, after you take pot off the heat.
- Add a little bit of hot water if needed, bring to boil and decrease heat to low. Close lid and cook for about 8-10 minutes. If you wish to add potato to your stew you should cut a preboiled potato into small cubes and add them into the stew during the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.
Serve warm or cold with a good drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil. Decorate with chopped fresh parsley, thinly sliced chili peppers and/or fresh dill.