- 2 medium size eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ dl (½ cup + 1 tbsp or 130 gr) caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 50 gr butter, unsalted
- 1 dl (a little less than ½ cup or 100 ml) milk
- 2 ¾ dl (1 cup + 1 tbsp or 165 gr) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp powdered vanilla sugar (1 sachet) or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- about 500 gr (1 pound) fresh seasonal fruits of your choice
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Heat oven to 175 C (340 F).
- Grease bottom and sides of a 24 cm (9 inch) springform cake tin and line bottom with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar until pale.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over low heat. Take care not to brown butter! Wait a few minutes until melted butter has cooled a little and then add milk. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl sift all dry ingredients. While beating on low speed, add liquid mixture and dry ingredients to egg mixture alternately, taking 3 to 4 turns.
- Pour cake batter into tin and make sure it spreads evenly.
- If using fresh fruits wash, peel (if necessary) and cut out even slices of the fruit and place lightly on top of batter. If you use plums place them with the round side facing up.
- Bake at 175 C (340 F) in preheated oven on the lowest or second lowest rack (this does not apply for fan-forced ovens). Please note that oven degrees and baking time may vary among ovens. Make sure to set a timer and keep an eye on your cake since it tends to bake quite quickly. If it seems to be getting brown too quickly on top, cover gently with a piece of aluminum foil for the remaining baking time.
Once out of the oven, leave to cool properly. Pass through the sides with a knife or small offset spatula before removing cake from the springform tin. Place cake onto a serving dish and decorate with a light dusting of confectioner’s sugar.