- 2 overripe large bananas
- 2 tbsp date nectar
- 2 tbsp mulberry molasses
- 2 L eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 125 gr wholewheat flour
- 50 gr oat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (45-50 gr) chopped bitter chocolate
Note If you can’t find molasses and/or date nectar you can always substitute with any other natural sweetener of your choice. Pure maple syrup is certainly one of the best alternatives and will even add to the flavor of your bread. Agave nectar or honey are other natural sweeteners you can use.
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Heat oven to 175 C (350 F). Grease a loaf pan of about 14 x 21 cm (ca. 5½ x 8 inches) and line with baking paper.
- Peel and mash with a fork 2 overripe bananas (should make about 1 cup).
- In a mixing bowl lightly whisk the eggs. Then add mashed bananas, date nectar, molasses, and milk and combine.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients, wholewheat flour, oat bran, pinch salt and baking powder.
- Now add dry ingredients to egg mixture in 2-3 batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Finally add chopped chocolate and transfer batter to lined loaf pan.
- Bake about 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Check during baking time and cover with a piece of baking paper if surface of the banana bread starts browning too early.