- 3/4 cup flour (wholewheat or a mixture is also fine)
- 1 medium or large egg
- 1/3 cup (100 ml) milk
- Just a little under 1/4 cup (50 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 heaping tsp dried thyme
- 1 heaping tsp dried basil
- 15 sun-dried dried tomatoes (they come in halves)
- Nigella, poppyseeds, or cumin seeds (optional)
This recipe yields approx. 12 small sized (5 cm in diameter) muffins
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in boiling hot water for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients except for nigella, poppyseeds or cuminseeds.
- In a separate little bowl whisk egg shortly and add milk and olive oil.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ones and blend with electric mixer just until everything is combined (don’t beat mixture too much, just until well blended)
- Drain and pat dry tomatoes with a paper towel or lightly squeeze them in your hand to get excess water out. Then cut each tomato slice in thin strips, and then dice the strips into little 1/2 cm sized pieces.
- Add and blend diced tomatoes into the batter.
- Pour mixture evenly into a 12 cup muffin tin (about 2/3 full for each hole). Sprinkle with nigella, poppyseeds or cumin seeds to your taste (you may just as well leave them plain).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25-35 minutes (Obs! Baking time will vary among ovens so keep an eye on your muffins. You may have to reduce baking time by 8-10 mns or reduce the heat by 10-20 degrees for fan-forced ovens.)