- 100 ml tahini
- 100 ml mulberry molasses
- 100 ml milk
- 80 ml hazelnut oil
- 3 medium eggs
- 50 gr brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 220 gr plain flour (wholewheat or a mixture is also fine)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla powder (reduce to 1 tsp if using extract)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 gr roughly chopped walnuts
- Walnut halves, for decoration
(The number of cupcakes you will obtain will vary according to the size of your muffin tin. This recipe yields approximately 22-24 mini cupcakes of 5 cm in diameter)
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl and add all wet ingredients. Mix well.
- In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients except for the walnuts. Also, you may have to reduce the amount of flour by 30-40 gr in case you are using only wholewheat!
- Add dry ingredient mixture to the egg mixture and mix well until you obtain a thick but smooth batter.
- Finally add the chopped walnuts and blend.
- Pour batter into muffin tin and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Baking time will vary among ovens so keep an eye on your cupcakes!
- Cool cupcakes on rack and do not prepare your glaze until your cakes have cooled.
- For tahini glaze combine 3 tbsp tahini, 3 tbsp confectioner’s sugar and 3-4 tbsp of milk in a bowl and mix until well blended. Dip each cake into this glaze, turn over onto a tray or serving plate and place half a walnut on tup of each. Or you can decorate them otherwise to your preference, for example using sprinkles or chocolate shavings etc.