For 12 standard size cupcakes
- 200 gr butter, at room temperature
- 225 gr (2 ¼ dl) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 240 gr (4 dl) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 90 ml buttermilk
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Heat oven to 175 C. Place paper cups of your choice into a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until you obtain a creamy consistency.
- Add eggs one by one, incorporating into butter mixture after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Mixing on low speed, add flour and buttermilk alternately into the egg+butter mixture. (If the batter still seems to be too stiff just add about 40-50 ml ( ¼ cup) water.
Divide cake batter using an ice-cream scoop into the prepared muffin tin and bake on medium rack for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes once out of the oven. Then take cupcakes out of the tin and place them on a cooling rack. Wait until they are thoroughly cool before you start working on them.
To prepare you cupcakes for the filling use a cake corer if available. If you don’t have a cake corer you can use an apple corer or even a small spoon to core out a small piece from the middle of each cupcake.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling
- 100 gr cream cheese, at room temperature
- 100 gr labneh (or strained yoghurt)
- 3-4 tablespoonfuls of a good quality raspberry jam
Blend cream cheese and labneh until smooth. Add jam and combine well. Check to taste, add a little more jam if you wish but be careful with the consistency. Set aside in a cool place until ready to fill cake. This cream will become stiffer as it cools. To fill the cake just use a small round tip attached to a pastry bag and fill the cakes. If you don’t have those fancy piping gadgets or pastry bags you can just make use of a zip lock bag by filling it with the cream and cutting off one corner.
Forest Fruit Flavored Buttercream
- 70 gr butter, softened
- 150-175 gr confectioner’s sugar
- 85 gr labneh + 85 gr cream cheese
- 1 sachet (75 gr) forest fruit flavored whipping cream in powder form
Beat butter for a couple of minutes until smooth. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar on low speed and incorporate into butter. Then add labneh and cream cheese and mix well (make sure you strain excess liquid, if any, from labneh). Add whipping cream in powder form gradually while mixing and continue to beat for 2-3 minutes. Place cream in refrigerator and leave to cool for about 30 mns. Then fill a piping bag fitted with a star tip (or any other tip you prefer) with the cream to decorate your cupcakes.
If ‘forest fruit flavored whipping cream in powder form’ is not available, you can use plain ‘whipping cream in powder form’ and add some raspberry or forest fruit aroma if you want, plus a few drops of pink food coloring. If both of these are not available, another choice is to use a ‘stabilizer for whipping cream’ to make the cream easier to pipe and hold its shape (please refer to instructions on package) and again add aroma or jam and/or some pink food coloring, which is totally optional.