- 200 gr wholewheat penne, cooked in salted water for 7 minutes, drained and drizzled with a bit of extra virgin olive oil, and left to cool down
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored, cut to bite size pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and sliced thinly, rubbed with a ¼ tsp salt
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and cut into bite size pieces
- 1-2 sweet green pepper, cored and cut into bite size pieces
- 50-60 gr of pitted and sliced black olives (or green olives)
- A handful of ‘Syltlök’, tiny pickled onions (you can get them at İkea food store)
- A small can of corn (about 200 gr)
- Blanched almonds, linseed, roughly chopped fresh parsley
- To make the sauce use 200 ml yoghurt, 2 tbsp mayonnaise (you can use light), 1 heaping tsp of Dijon mustard, a couple of teaspoons of the Syltlök brine, black pepper, salt, sweet paprika powder
Step by step method
Adım Adım Yapılışı0/0 Tamamlanan Adımlar
- Wash olive and corn under running water (if using canned) and leave to drain.
- Meanwhile rub sliced onions with salt, then wash briefly and drain excess water. This will help the onions to become a bit softer and it will take away the bitterness of raw onions.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place cooked pasta and all other ingredients in large bowl, add the sauce and toss.
- Before serving, sprinkle with a handful of blanched almonds, a teaspoon or two of linseed and some chopped fresh parsley.